Get more mileage out of your money.
You work hard for your money – wouldn’t it be nice if your money worked hard for you? At TruChoice, we have multiple options to help you build your savings.
Looking to lock in high rates? Check out our 13mo Certificate Special!
- 4.50% APY on deposits $2500 and over!**
Money Market Accounts
Why Money Markets? These accounts let you earn higher yields than a regular savings account, with the benefit of keeping access to your funds flexible.
- Looking for a high yield return without needing to hold your funds aside? We've got competitive rates on all tiers - Click here to see our current rates.
Why Certificates? Our Share Certificates allow you to earn higher returns than a typical savings account. If you’re looking to set funds aside and not touch them for a while, but want to make sure you’re earning while you save, certificates might be a great fit!
- With a share certificate, you deposit your funds into the account for a set amount of time, and agree to make no withdrawals from the certificate for that period. When the certificate matures, you will receive the funds originally invested along with the dividends earned.
- We’ve got great options for 6 months, 12 months, 19 months and 24 months! Click here for rates.
IRA (Individual Retirement Account)
Why IRAs? If you want a savings option that will have future you thanking current you, our IRA options can help!
- An IRA is one of the most common retirement savings accounts, and when opening one, you'll need to choose between two main types: Roth or Traditional. We recommend discussing your options with your tax advisor to help determine the best choice for you. The main difference between a Roth IRA and a Traditional IRA is how and when you get a tax break.
- Traditional IRA.
- Contributions you make to a traditional IRA may be fully or partially deductible, depending on your filing status and income, and
- Generally, amounts in your traditional IRA (including dividends) are not taxed until you take a distribution (withdrawal) from your IRA.
- Roth IRA.
- Contributions are made with after-tax funds and are not tax-deductible, but earnings and withdrawals are tax-free once requirements are met.
For more information on how these IRA options work, including details on contribution limits, age limits and frequently asked questions, go to https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/individual-retirement-arrangements-iras.
Interested in learning more? You can check out our current rates here or contact us to get started!
All credit union members have deposits insured for up to $250k thru the NCUA. TruChoice also offers insurance on an additional $250k thru Excess Share Insurance.
Looking to wire funds into your TruChoice account? Here's what you need to know:
To receive an incoming wire, the institution sending the funds will need the following information:
- Receiving Bank: TRICORP FCU (ABA 2112-9166-6)
- Further Credit To: TruChoice FCU (ABA 2112-8830-7)
- Final Credit To: your account number
**Annual Percentage Yield. Annual percentage yield (APY) as of 6/1/2023. Offer available for a limited time and some restrictions apply. Minimum investment of $2,500. Early withdrawals subject to penalty. After completion of 13-month promotional period share certificates renew as a 12-month certificate at market rate. Offer and rates subject to change without notice.