Wire transfers take the hassle out of sending money locally and internationally. Aside from transferring funds to another TruChoice member's account (which you can do online), wire transfers are the most expedient method for transferring money from one bank account to another. It is also considered one of the safest ways to send money internationally.
BEWARE - there are wiring scams. Never accept a check from someone who asks you to then wire all or some of the money back to them. Chances are good the check is a fake.
Sending an Outgoing Wire
To send an outgoing wire, you can call TruChoice during business hours at 207.772.0808. If you have a signed wire transfer agreement on file with TruChoice you can send wires through online banking as well. Outgoing wire requests received before 3:00pm will be wired the same day. Always call the receiving institution to get their specific wiring instructions. Also be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your social security number
- Name, address, phone number and ABA or routing number of the financial institution receiving the wire
- Account number you are depositing into
- Name and address of the individual(s) receiving the funds
Receiving an Incoming Wire
To receive an incoming wire, the institution sending the funds will need the following information:
- Receiving Bank: TRICORP FCU (ABA 2112-9166-6)
- Further Credit To: TruChoice FCU (ABA 2112-8830-7)
- Final Credit To: your account number